Welcome to the home of the Souris and Area Branch of the PEI Wildlife Federation!
The Souris and Area Branch of the PEI Wildlife Federation (SAB) is a non-profit group dedicated to the conservation, protection, and enhancement of wildlife habitat in eastern Prince Edward Island. Since 1954, we have been working tirelessly for the betterment of our community so that future generations can continue to enjoy the natural world around them!
News at a Glance
- The PEI Land Use Task Force is hosting a series of open houses and workshops across the province to gather information and hear presentations from the public with regards to land use issues on PEI. Open houses will be held on the following dates:
- Summerside - Loyalist Lakeview Resort, 195 Harbour Drive; Tuesday, May 21st; Open house from 6:30 with a short presentation at 7.
- Elmsdale - Westisle Composite High School, 39570 Western Road; Thursday, May 30th; Open house from 6:30 with a short presentation at 7.
- Souris - Access PEI, 15 Green Street; Tuesday, June 4th; Open house from 6:30 with a short presentation at 7.
- Paul Gallant, a Director with the Souris and Area Branch, is currently a sitting member of the PEI Land Use Task Force. This Task Force is seeking input from the public on a draft of a document entitled "Provincial Land Use Policies". Click here to view this document, and then visit http://www.gov.pe.ca/landandlocalgovernance/index.php3?number=1046733&lang=E to provide your feedback!
A View from Eastern Kings
May 17th, 2013 by Joanne Dunphy
The SAB is proud to host "A View from Eastern Kings", a feature which showcases a new photo from our area each day. Click the image to the left to go to the "A View from Eastern Kings" page, and be sure to visit every day!
What's New on www.souriswl.com
The SAB appreciates the ongoing support of the community as it strives to protect and enhance fish and wildlife habitat in eastern Prince Edward Island. If you would like to get involved, either by volunteering at a SAB event or by donating, click here.